.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WritingAfterDark

Blogs of Writer, Artist, Photographer, & Caregiver Joanne D. Kiggins

Name:
Location: United States

Joanne has published more than 2,500 articles and was award recipient of the 1990 Woman of the Year for Beaver County, Pennsylvania, for her accomplishments and excellence in journalism and to the community. Her co-authored book, “Unforgettable Journey,” won fifth place in the Grand Beginnings romance contest. An excerpt from her WIP, “Unearthed,” placed her fifth in the Absolute Write Idol contest. Most recently, her essay, “Perseverance,” is published in the Stories of Strength anthology in which 100% of the profits are donated to disaster relief charities. Her most recent articles were published in ByLine Magazine, Writer's Digest, AbsoluteWrite.com, and Moondance.org. She has a monthly freelance writing column at Absolutewrite.com. Currently, she is the sole caregiver for her 85-year-old mother.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

My Own Horror Movie Marathon

Usually every year during the month of October one TV channel holds a horror marathon to celebrate Halloween. This year I haven’t seen many horror movies listed at all, so I decided to hold my own horror movie marathon.

This past week, after I’ve tucked Mom in bed each night, I’ve gone to my room upstairs and slid a movie into my VCR.

Here are the movies I’ve watched so far:
Wrong Turn
Jeepers Creepers
Jeepers Creepers II
Phantom
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Saw
Silver Bullet

Last night I started to watch Dreamcatcher but fell asleep. Tonight I’m going to rewind it and watch it from the beginning.

I have a very large collection of movies on VHS and DVD. My daughter jokes that when I die, the only thing she wants is my movie collection. Last year she counted 300 movies. That number has grown since then. One day I’ll have to count them again. And yes, Kira, I keep my movies in alphbetical order under genre. ;) I even have a printed list, but the list has only 260 movies on it…it needs updated.

Make me smile. Leave a comment...


Comment Icon From Paper Napkin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, Joanne! I'll add a link back to you tonight.

I'm sure you've already seen these, but I couldn't help but give you my horror movie favorites:

The Ring
The Others
The Changeling
The Shining
The Haunting of Hill House (1960's)

(I'm seeing a pattern here. I only like a movie if "the" begins the title. LOL!)

10/27/2005 9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, my meme post just dropped off my blog front page. Just look for "A Literary Meme" on my previous posts.

10/27/2005 9:46 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Great list of movies, Jason. I have them in my collection and have watched them. All but one. I'll have to run out and see if I can find "The Others."

Found your meme. Those sentences seemed to fit together rather nicely.

Thanks for the link to your blog. :)

10/28/2005 10:06 AM