.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WritingAfterDark

Blogs of Writer, Artist, Photographer, & Caregiver Joanne D. Kiggins

Name:
Location: United States

Joanne has published more than 2,500 articles and was award recipient of the 1990 Woman of the Year for Beaver County, Pennsylvania, for her accomplishments and excellence in journalism and to the community. Her co-authored book, “Unforgettable Journey,” won fifth place in the Grand Beginnings romance contest. An excerpt from her WIP, “Unearthed,” placed her fifth in the Absolute Write Idol contest. Most recently, her essay, “Perseverance,” is published in the Stories of Strength anthology in which 100% of the profits are donated to disaster relief charities. Her most recent articles were published in ByLine Magazine, Writer's Digest, AbsoluteWrite.com, and Moondance.org. She has a monthly freelance writing column at Absolutewrite.com. Currently, she is the sole caregiver for her 85-year-old mother.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Tomorrow Will Be Better!

Real life has taken numerous twists and turns these past two weeks. So I chose to ignore all the drama and get cracking on my novels and writing in general.

I stepped up to the plate and joined the RWA Online KIA Marathon. No, there are no prizes, no cash awards, no editors or agents examining our prose. The award is in knowing you’re keeping in heart and mind a fellow writer who has passed and you’re continuing to accomplish adding pages to your WIP. Another award is encouragement from other writers for putting words on paper/screen.

Week two I came in at second place and the Nookie Ninja team took second place as well. What a rush!

And the rush couldn’t have come at a better time.

Just when I said I chose to ignore all the drama in my life…

I managed to slip in two pages in the wee hours of the morning Monday and today I've managed to squeak out four pages. Total so far is six. This isn't much compared to what I did last week, but today didn't start out well :( so I didn't get much writing done.

For those who don't know, in February I moved in with my 83 year old mother who has Alzheimers.

This morning we had a leaky water pipe in the basement and water all over the floor. Plumber came within an hour of the call, so that's fixed and drying.

My SO brought one of our spare TV's from my house so I could watch it upstairs after Mom goes to bed. When I was hooking it up this afternoon, it fell on the floor and smashed...so my SO brought another spare TV from my house. That installation went much better. :)

Then, after ten months, I finally got the log in straightened out to get onto the RWA national site. But...my Pro bootcamp registration was denied because they couldn't verify that I'm Pro status. They're still trying to figure it out. I'm hoping Theresa Stevens of the Pro Ed Team and those coordinating the Pro bootcamp get this fixed prior to the bootcamp. I'd hate to miss out over a paper trail mishap!

Did I say this hasn't been a good day. LOL
Oh well, so I'm out one TV, but I'm up six pages.
And I'm still smiling. :D Tomorrow will be better.

Make me smile. Leave a comment...


Comment Icon From Paper Napkin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, sounds like a character building day. I hate those.

10/18/2005 8:12 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

LOL, Jason. One of many! Thanks for reading.

10/27/2005 4:34 PM