.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WritingAfterDark

Blogs of Writer, Artist, Photographer, & Caregiver Joanne D. Kiggins

Name:
Location: United States

Joanne has published more than 2,500 articles and was award recipient of the 1990 Woman of the Year for Beaver County, Pennsylvania, for her accomplishments and excellence in journalism and to the community. Her co-authored book, “Unforgettable Journey,” won fifth place in the Grand Beginnings romance contest. An excerpt from her WIP, “Unearthed,” placed her fifth in the Absolute Write Idol contest. Most recently, her essay, “Perseverance,” is published in the Stories of Strength anthology in which 100% of the profits are donated to disaster relief charities. Her most recent articles were published in ByLine Magazine, Writer's Digest, AbsoluteWrite.com, and Moondance.org. She has a monthly freelance writing column at Absolutewrite.com. Currently, she is the sole caregiver for her 85-year-old mother.

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Surprises make me happy.

My oldest daughter just called and asked me what I was doing. I told her I was having dinner and she giggled. When I asked her what was funny, she said “we’re having dinner too. At Arbys.” It took a few seconds to realize she and her husband was only ten miles away. They were bored and decided to drive three hours just to visit. They’re staying at his mom’s house and will be here tomorrow to spend the entire day with me. Children are wonderful, especially after they’re married and begin to say things like, "gee, now I know what you meant when you said..." :)

I've moved in with Mom, so Angel will be visiting with me there. Still living out of a suitcase. It will take a while to move all my clothes and things I'll need.

Make me smile. Leave a comment...


Comment Icon From Paper Napkin

0 Comments: