.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WritingAfterDark

Blogs of Writer, Artist, Photographer, & Caregiver Joanne D. Kiggins

Name:
Location: United States

Joanne has published more than 2,500 articles and was award recipient of the 1990 Woman of the Year for Beaver County, Pennsylvania, for her accomplishments and excellence in journalism and to the community. Her co-authored book, “Unforgettable Journey,” won fifth place in the Grand Beginnings romance contest. An excerpt from her WIP, “Unearthed,” placed her fifth in the Absolute Write Idol contest. Most recently, her essay, “Perseverance,” is published in the Stories of Strength anthology in which 100% of the profits are donated to disaster relief charities. Her most recent articles were published in ByLine Magazine, Writer's Digest, AbsoluteWrite.com, and Moondance.org. She has a monthly freelance writing column at Absolutewrite.com. Currently, she is the sole caregiver for her 85-year-old mother.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Following My Heart - Tagged by Paint - Photo Meme



I’ve been tagged by Paint to use this photo as a prompt for a 2-paragraph statement/story or 2-stanza poem. She was tagged by Unique who found the picture while reading blogs. I’ve chosen to write both.

My first thought when I saw this picture was two tornadoes crossed paths. Instead of giving rise to destruction, it lifted and formed wings of love. Love comes from the heart, and there’s nothing truer than the heart. That is the optimist coming out in me.

What comes from mother earth can be devastating at times. Life has its tribulations, but the outcome is all in how one chooses to perceive what is in his or her path. I choose the truth because it speaks for itself.

Following My Heart

Whether a natural disaster,
an everyday occurrence,
or something,
or someone,
tries to throw me
out of
my
center

I
will
follow my heart.
For my heart
has never
lied.
And
the
truth
has
set
me
free.

Make me smile. Leave a comment...


Comment Icon From Paper Napkin

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like the poem very much! It is so beautiful and true. Thank you for sharing it and being a part of this tag!

12/17/2005 3:57 PM  
Blogger uniquematerial said...

To find the beauty beyond the chaos - that's you, Joanne.

When life passes out lemons, some complain, some make lemonade; Joanne makes lemon meringue pie! :)

12/17/2005 8:14 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Thank you, Paint for tagging me. I enjoyed this. Glad you liked the poem.

12/17/2005 8:48 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Thank you, Unique. You are a true friend! I'm so glad we had the opportunity to meet. You know what happens with pies, don't you? They end up in my face...then I get to enjoy the sweetness all over again. ROFL

12/17/2005 8:54 PM  
Blogger emeraldcite said...

Nice poem. Love and chaos are really the same thing, no?

The picture is awesome. Maybe I'll tag myself with it... :)

12/18/2005 9:23 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I failed to tag anyone with this one. Consider yourself tagged, emerald. I'd love to see what you write about this picture.

12/18/2005 9:47 AM