.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WritingAfterDark

Blogs of Writer, Artist, Photographer, & Caregiver Joanne D. Kiggins

Name:
Location: United States

Joanne has published more than 2,500 articles and was award recipient of the 1990 Woman of the Year for Beaver County, Pennsylvania, for her accomplishments and excellence in journalism and to the community. Her co-authored book, “Unforgettable Journey,” won fifth place in the Grand Beginnings romance contest. An excerpt from her WIP, “Unearthed,” placed her fifth in the Absolute Write Idol contest. Most recently, her essay, “Perseverance,” is published in the Stories of Strength anthology in which 100% of the profits are donated to disaster relief charities. Her most recent articles were published in ByLine Magazine, Writer's Digest, AbsoluteWrite.com, and Moondance.org. She has a monthly freelance writing column at Absolutewrite.com. Currently, she is the sole caregiver for her 85-year-old mother.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

AWMondayMeme: December 5

Dawno’s first AW Monday Meme: Feeling rather holiday-ish tonight I thought the first AWMondayMeme should be: what are the 10 books or sets of books you most wish you could find under/beside/in your {insert appropriate holiday decor/object}?

Get creative - whether it's a signed first edition or a illuminated manuscript, anything goes!

Dawno, could you have made this any more difficult. Not that I can’t think of ten books or set of books, it’s just that there are so many I’d love to have.

1. The only book I do not have by Stephen King is the limited edition of My Pretty Pony. MY PRETTY PONY, illustrated by Barbara Kruger, a short story published in limited edition by Library Fellows of the Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, NY. I read somewhere that it has a silver cover with a digital clock on the front. I’d love to see this book in my collection of Stephen King books. An autographed copy would be great! And Stephen King handing it to me would be even better!

2. I mentioned in my 15 things about books meme that I no longer have the Nancy Drew collection. I’d love to find a box full of the entire set under my tree.

3. A Stephen King bookmark signed by Stephen King in an autographed copy of his next book would be nice. (Can you tell I love Stephen King’s writing?)

4. Is it too much to ask for a new bookcase with the complete collection of H. P. Lovecraft?

5. Can I wish for my granddaughter’s stocking to have an autographed copy of Hattie, Get a Haircut by Jenna Glatzer?

6. The fourteen volume leather bound collection of Charles Dickens complete works.

7. The complete works of Agatha Christie. (Are you getting the hint that I love complete collections?)

8. The first edition of Gone With The Wind.

9. I’d love to see a package under my tree wrapped in really neat blue paper covered with this. That would tell me William Haskins published all his poetry in one book. Hey Haskins, keep this wrapping paper idea for future reference. *Hint Hint* I’ll buy the book, just get the darn thing published, autograph it, and send it to me wrapped in that dark, mysterious skeleton wrap. :D

10. It would be wonderful to see a UPS truck pull into my driveway full of MY six books. It would help if they were published. Of course, it would help if I submitted them. ;)

I’m tagging Jeff, Kira, and Vanessa.

Please add the tag below to the bottom of your meme so it will appear in the list of tags.
,

Make me smile. Leave a comment...


Comment Icon From Paper Napkin

6 Comments:

Blogger ohdawno said...

Joanne, for some reason I left of the end of that tag - so you'll need to fix it, sorry. I'll PM you with the right code.

As for your jdkiggins tag, you might want to go manually ping Technorati with the URL for your blog. I'll PM you with that too :)

12/06/2005 11:55 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Thanks Dawno. I thought I had placed the end tag on that. I fixed it. It's still not showing up on the Meme tag yet, but I'm sure that will take time. I manually pinged Technorati with my blog URL. Thanks for the suggestion. Now if I can just figure out if the tag for my name is correct. ROFL

12/07/2005 12:14 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

It's correct :-)

I didn't mention how much I enjoyed your list. I'm hoping you get many of them fulfilled!

A complete Nancy Drew...I had a lot of them, wonder where they went?

12/07/2005 1:09 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Thanks Dawno. I don't think there's too much chance of any of them getting fulfilled, but it's a nice wish list if I ever hit the lotto. ;)

12/07/2005 2:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very cool list, Joanne...

Mine's a bit more imaginary!

12/08/2005 2:22 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Your list was great, Kira! I'd say my list was very imaginary...especially the last item. LOL

12/09/2005 5:04 PM