.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WritingAfterDark

Blogs of Writer, Artist, Photographer, & Caregiver Joanne D. Kiggins

Name:
Location: United States

Joanne has published more than 2,500 articles and was award recipient of the 1990 Woman of the Year for Beaver County, Pennsylvania, for her accomplishments and excellence in journalism and to the community. Her co-authored book, “Unforgettable Journey,” won fifth place in the Grand Beginnings romance contest. An excerpt from her WIP, “Unearthed,” placed her fifth in the Absolute Write Idol contest. Most recently, her essay, “Perseverance,” is published in the Stories of Strength anthology in which 100% of the profits are donated to disaster relief charities. Her most recent articles were published in ByLine Magazine, Writer's Digest, AbsoluteWrite.com, and Moondance.org. She has a monthly freelance writing column at Absolutewrite.com. Currently, she is the sole caregiver for her 85-year-old mother.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

For those who read the excerpt of “Unearthed” in the Absolute Write Idol contest, I thought I’d give you a hint of what the barren patch on the slope by the barn looks like. Of course, the barn hasn't tumbled and isn't covered in poison oak, but the barren patch is to the back right of the picture. It’s still there…

Make me smile. Leave a comment...


Comment Icon From Paper Napkin

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful scene!

12/05/2005 10:38 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Thanks Jason. I've decided to organize my three totes full of pictures, so there will be more to come. ;)

12/06/2005 9:30 AM  
Blogger uniquematerial said...

Hi Joanne,
I miss your mountain.

We had a barren patch in a yard we had in Florida....I said 'that's where the house used to be'. "They" told me there was no house...Then why did I keep finding things coming up in the dirt? Only the shadow knows...

12/09/2005 5:56 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Good question, Unique. I suppose the shadow knows a lot. I've come to the conclusion that anything that may come up from this point on, I'll rebury it where it belongs...back in the dirt from which it came. :D

12/09/2005 6:48 PM