.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WritingAfterDark

Blogs of Writer, Artist, Photographer, & Caregiver Joanne D. Kiggins

Name:
Location: United States

Joanne has published more than 2,500 articles and was award recipient of the 1990 Woman of the Year for Beaver County, Pennsylvania, for her accomplishments and excellence in journalism and to the community. Her co-authored book, “Unforgettable Journey,” won fifth place in the Grand Beginnings romance contest. An excerpt from her WIP, “Unearthed,” placed her fifth in the Absolute Write Idol contest. Most recently, her essay, “Perseverance,” is published in the Stories of Strength anthology in which 100% of the profits are donated to disaster relief charities. Her most recent articles were published in ByLine Magazine, Writer's Digest, AbsoluteWrite.com, and Moondance.org. She has a monthly freelance writing column at Absolutewrite.com. Currently, she is the sole caregiver for her 85-year-old mother.

Friday, January 06, 2006

AWMondayMeme - Completely Made Up Fiction

I’m trying to catch up. Not sure how much I’ll accomplish or how soon, but here it goes.

Dawno posted this Monday Meme from Veinglory’s Blog.
Now, if you want to propagate the meme, as part of your post you should include the following text:
If you read this, if your eyes are passing over this right now, (even if we don't speak often) please post a comment with a COMPLETELY MADE UP AND FICTIONAL memory of you and me. It can be anything you want - good or bad - BUT IT HAS TO BE FAKE.

When you're finished, post this little paragraph on your blog and be surprised (or mortified) about what people DON'T ACTUALLY remember about you.

As always, I'd love it if you'd use the AWMondayMemes's tag.

My good friend Ray showed a different side of himself before Christmas. He told me he never dog-ears pages of a book. He said he likes hardcover books and reread books all the time, but I can’t imagine why he threw my book into the algae edge of North Park Lake. He has spoken of “Show vs. Tell” on several occasions. Maybe this was his way of showing me that my writing is green? Or not worth the scum it sunk beneath?

All kidding aside, good writing or not, hardcover or not, reread or not, thank goodness I woke up from that dream before I attempted to retrieve that book from the murky waters of the lake. I probably would have fallen out of bed.

We all know that Ray dislikes hardcover books, never rereads books, and my book hasn’t been published…YET!

,

Make me smile. Leave a comment...


Comment Icon From Paper Napkin

2 Comments:

Blogger Ray Wong said...

Such viscious lies, I tell you...

It wasn't Christmas that it happened! :)

1/09/2006 12:29 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

ROFL. Geez! Maybe it was Thanksgiving. ;) There was only one truth to this fiction...my writing has become green. lol

1/09/2006 1:05 AM