.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WritingAfterDark

Blogs of Writer, Artist, Photographer, & Caregiver Joanne D. Kiggins

Name:
Location: United States

Joanne has published more than 2,500 articles and was award recipient of the 1990 Woman of the Year for Beaver County, Pennsylvania, for her accomplishments and excellence in journalism and to the community. Her co-authored book, “Unforgettable Journey,” won fifth place in the Grand Beginnings romance contest. An excerpt from her WIP, “Unearthed,” placed her fifth in the Absolute Write Idol contest. Most recently, her essay, “Perseverance,” is published in the Stories of Strength anthology in which 100% of the profits are donated to disaster relief charities. Her most recent articles were published in ByLine Magazine, Writer's Digest, AbsoluteWrite.com, and Moondance.org. She has a monthly freelance writing column at Absolutewrite.com. Currently, she is the sole caregiver for her 85-year-old mother.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ticket--Still Waiting

Wedenesday, August 29, 2007

I never received a call from the Chief about that ticket yesterday so I called again this morning and left another message with dispatch. Dispatch said he did forward the message and had no idea why I hadn’t received a call back.

The ticket indicates that fines must be paid within 15 days or further legal action would be taken. I figured the Chief must have had a busy day yesterday and today because by 3, I still hadn’t received a call back. I called the direct number for the police station and received the administration office. The lady there told me that she did give him the message and she would be sure to have him call me back. I guess at this point I’ll be waiting until tomorrow. Not sure when his shift ends.

Mom was exhausted again when I picked her up at Day Care. She knows nothing about the ticket and I didn’t bother telling her.

I made a nice dinner of chicken, noodles, peas and carrots and diet pudding. Mom liked it all, but ate only a few bites of each. She said she wasn’t hungry and was tired.

She's asleep now, so I plan to stretch out on the bed and catch up on my rest.

Labels: , , ,

Make me smile. Leave a comment...


Comment Icon From Paper Napkin

0 Comments: