.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WritingAfterDark

Blogs of Writer, Artist, Photographer, & Caregiver Joanne D. Kiggins

Name:
Location: United States

Joanne has published more than 2,500 articles and was award recipient of the 1990 Woman of the Year for Beaver County, Pennsylvania, for her accomplishments and excellence in journalism and to the community. Her co-authored book, “Unforgettable Journey,” won fifth place in the Grand Beginnings romance contest. An excerpt from her WIP, “Unearthed,” placed her fifth in the Absolute Write Idol contest. Most recently, her essay, “Perseverance,” is published in the Stories of Strength anthology in which 100% of the profits are donated to disaster relief charities. Her most recent articles were published in ByLine Magazine, Writer's Digest, AbsoluteWrite.com, and Moondance.org. She has a monthly freelance writing column at Absolutewrite.com. Currently, she is the sole caregiver for her 85-year-old mother.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Friends Links Removed

watching you said...
You make me sick with all your whining and complaining about caregivers not getting recognized....what is your real reason for taking care of your mom? Is it, as it should be, because you love her and want her to be warm, safe, and comfortable? Or do you want a big pat on the back, you martyr!!!!!!! OR is it that you are sucking her bank accounts dry????????
10/01/2007 1:38 PM


Since October 1, 2007 when this comment was placed on my blog, this person is doing exactly what her log in name said she would do. She is watching me, with an agenda in mind—every day—twice a day, from her work computer in Pittsburgh, PA. That’s 38 times in a matter of 19 days. I say 19 days because she only logs in from work, not from her home.

I’ve seen that she is checking the various links to my friend’s blogs and my blog roll links, so to keep my friends from being subjected to this childish nonsense, I’ve deleted your blog links from my blog for your protection.

If any of you have found a rude remark from Pittsburgh, PA on your blog that links from my blog , please e-mail me so I may give you the name and ISP address of the offender.

I will continue to visit your blogs as I have in the past and hope you continue to visit mine as well. Thank you for your understanding.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Make me smile. Leave a comment...


Comment Icon From Paper Napkin

11 Comments:

Blogger Lori1955 said...

Why would someone do something like that? Sometimes I just don't understand the cruelty of people.

10/25/2007 11:22 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

i am SO sorry someone did and said that to you. how can you tell if someone just reads your blog but doesn't respond?

please know i think you are doing a wonderful job with your mom and will continue to follow your journey!

10/26/2007 8:07 AM  
Blogger ~Betsy said...

Just to clarify - those comments didn't come from this Pittsburgh girl! :)

Joanne, I said before that unless someone has a clue about AD, they just don't get it. Yeah, I take care of my mom to I can be called a martyr and suck her bank account dry - just as you do. Uh huh. And if you believe that, well, shame on you.

Hang in there, friend. As Russ would say, "YOU DONE GOOD".

10/26/2007 8:22 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Lori, These type of people care only about themselves, their own conveniences, and blame others for their ignorance.

10/26/2007 8:44 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Thank you, Nancy. You did a wonderful job with Russ as well. I'll continue to follow your journey and wish you peace in your journey of grieving. Take one day at a time and know that you're in my thoughts and prayers.

10/26/2007 8:59 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Oh dear Betsy. ((((((HUGS))))))
I know who this person is and I know this is NOT you. You're a wonderful friend and an excellent caregiver.

10/26/2007 9:37 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I received so many IM's and e-mails concerning this post, and many of those who are listed in my sidebar requested that I put the links back up. Here's what one person had to say in an e-mail and many of the other's expressed the same sentiment: "Joanne, Please don't let this person affect the way you care for and help others. You have always shown such grace and caring with all your posts and that is just a small portion of the good you do for others. Your generosity and knowledge of the writing field is one of the reasons I'm still writing today. Please put your link list back up. If this person comes to my site, I'm sure I, and all of your friends, have the backbone to stand up to her. She's clueless as to how many people you have helped and encouraged over the years. Thank you for being the loving person you are and remain to be even under these unfortunate circumstances."

I thank each of you for your kind words and encouragement. I appreciate the support.

10/26/2007 10:19 AM  
Blogger Nita said...

Joanne, sorry, I'm just now reading this post. Know that I agree with what all the real people said about you. That poster isn't a real person, anyone that vindicative and hurtful gets another label. I don't know what it is, but it's not human, humane, or a real person. She tried to hurt all caregivers with that comment.

To bad tarring and feathering went out of style.

10/26/2007 10:35 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Good to see you, Nita. Her comment was meant to hurt me, but unfortunately, she did attack all caregivers with her crude remarks.

As far as the tar and feathering--well, I happen to like feathers, so they'd be a total waste of beauty using them on this person.

10/26/2007 5:34 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

feel free to link my blog again if you like. bring 'em on!!!

10/26/2007 5:48 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Thank you, Nancy. ((HUGS)) You're back on the list. I was shocked at the number of people who sent me messages to replace their links on my blog. So many, in fact, that I decided it would be easier to replace all the links and delete only if someone requested me to do so.

I so much appreciate the outpouring of support from all of you. You are the type of people who make this world go around.

Thank you!

10/26/2007 6:20 PM