.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WritingAfterDark

Blogs of Writer, Artist, Photographer, & Caregiver Joanne D. Kiggins

Name:
Location: United States

Joanne has published more than 2,500 articles and was award recipient of the 1990 Woman of the Year for Beaver County, Pennsylvania, for her accomplishments and excellence in journalism and to the community. Her co-authored book, “Unforgettable Journey,” won fifth place in the Grand Beginnings romance contest. An excerpt from her WIP, “Unearthed,” placed her fifth in the Absolute Write Idol contest. Most recently, her essay, “Perseverance,” is published in the Stories of Strength anthology in which 100% of the profits are donated to disaster relief charities. Her most recent articles were published in ByLine Magazine, Writer's Digest, AbsoluteWrite.com, and Moondance.org. She has a monthly freelance writing column at Absolutewrite.com. Currently, she is the sole caregiver for her 85-year-old mother.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Everett L. Gracey--A truly kind man. Author, Publisher and Entrepreneur

Today I just got around to opening my e-mail after four days and found that my inbox was loaded with 135 e-mails. It didn’t take long to delete all the spam and send to folders what I wanted to save.

Before I’d attemped sorting out any of the mail, I spotted an e-mail that required immediate attention. The name of the sender was Everett L. Gracey. I’m sure you remember him from me speaking of my article entry, From One Side of the Tracks To the Other, in the Absolute Write Idol contest. It spoke of his book entitled, From a 13 year old Hobo to an Entrepreneur.

Not only was I flattered that Mr. Gracey e-mailed me, I was also honored that he’d placed a link on his website to my site and my blog.

As I stated in the article I’d written, Everett L. Gracey will always hold a special place in my heart.

If you find time, please visit Everett L. Gracey’s site and purchase his book. I’m sure you’ll find the touching story of his life will hold a place in your heart as he does in mine.

Make me smile. Leave a comment...


Comment Icon From Paper Napkin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have only known Everett for a few years and the short time I've been associated with him I have come to understand and learn from him. His knowledge and experience have influenced some of my decisions and I appreciated his input. I have read and re-read his book several times and I'm sure I'll read it again. I have never known anyone like him and look forward to our next meeting, he's one fun guy to be around.

V.K.Freeman
Newark, Ca.

12/22/2005 7:53 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

V.K. Thank you for reading and posting your comment. I've not had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Gracey personally, but hope to one day. He's a truly remarkable man.

12/29/2005 9:46 AM