.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WritingAfterDark

Blogs of Writer, Artist, Photographer, & Caregiver Joanne D. Kiggins

Name:
Location: United States

Joanne has published more than 2,500 articles and was award recipient of the 1990 Woman of the Year for Beaver County, Pennsylvania, for her accomplishments and excellence in journalism and to the community. Her co-authored book, “Unforgettable Journey,” won fifth place in the Grand Beginnings romance contest. An excerpt from her WIP, “Unearthed,” placed her fifth in the Absolute Write Idol contest. Most recently, her essay, “Perseverance,” is published in the Stories of Strength anthology in which 100% of the profits are donated to disaster relief charities. Her most recent articles were published in ByLine Magazine, Writer's Digest, AbsoluteWrite.com, and Moondance.org. She has a monthly freelance writing column at Absolutewrite.com. Currently, she is the sole caregiver for her 85-year-old mother.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Street Sweeper Ticket Waived--Thank YOU!!

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I went to the Police Department as requested to speak with the Chief about the ticket I received for dropping off my mom at the Day Care while the street sweeper went by.

The Chief took the ticket and said he would take care of it. He explained that many residents had been calling and were angry that people didn't move their cars for the street sweeper and the officers decided to give tickets regardless of the situation.

He apologized for the inconvenience and said he wished the officer had used some discretion in this case.

I'm just thankful that the Chief took the time to check into the situation and told me he would take care of the ticket. He told me that this was the last street sweeping for the year.

I said, "You can be sure that next year when the street sweeper begins his job, I'll sit back and wait until he passes no matter how many officers wave me on by."

He chuckled, shook my hand, apologized again, and we both told each other to have a nice day.

Thank you!!

Labels: ,

Make me smile. Leave a comment...


Comment Icon From Paper Napkin

0 Comments: