.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WritingAfterDark

Blogs of Writer, Artist, Photographer, & Caregiver Joanne D. Kiggins

Name:
Location: United States

Joanne has published more than 2,500 articles and was award recipient of the 1990 Woman of the Year for Beaver County, Pennsylvania, for her accomplishments and excellence in journalism and to the community. Her co-authored book, “Unforgettable Journey,” won fifth place in the Grand Beginnings romance contest. An excerpt from her WIP, “Unearthed,” placed her fifth in the Absolute Write Idol contest. Most recently, her essay, “Perseverance,” is published in the Stories of Strength anthology in which 100% of the profits are donated to disaster relief charities. Her most recent articles were published in ByLine Magazine, Writer's Digest, AbsoluteWrite.com, and Moondance.org. She has a monthly freelance writing column at Absolutewrite.com. Currently, she is the sole caregiver for her 85-year-old mother.

Friday, December 02, 2005

MEME TAG: 15 Things About Books

I’ve been tagged by Ray to list 15 personal facts or preferences about books. I love this MEME! Thanks Ray. Only 15? I could go on and on about books, but I’ll try to restrain myself.

1. I once owned the entire collection of Nancy Drew mysteries. (Wish I still had them.)
2. I read Black Beauty in the fourth grade. I still have it!
3. I like reading almost every genre.
4. I love to read horror, mysteries, thrillers, and crime books.
5. I’ve never had an interest in fantasy or science fiction book.
6. I have every one of Stephen King’s books. He’s the only author I collect in hardback. My daughter’s buy his newest book for me for Christmas. I used to start reading them as soon as they were unwrapped, but somewhere along the way I quit doing that. So I have several to catch up on.
7. I have every Patricia Cornwell book, but I haven’t read them all, yet.
8. I also have every Dean Koontz book.
9. I love the feel of a book, the look of the words on the page, and the different styles of chapter headings. I love the smell of a brand new book, too. No, I don’t smell the used books. LOL
10. I won’t watch a movie unless I’ve read the book first.
11. I used to read even while cooking dinner, washing clothes, and vacuuming.
12. I have the complete works of William Shakespeare.
13. An antique 1956 6" thick unabridged Webster New Twentieth Century Dictionary sits on a speaker’s podium in my office at home.
14. I have a very old book of Edgar Allan Poe’s poetry. It’s a very small green hardback entitled Poe's Poems. The Complete Works of Edgar Allen Poe with Memoir by J. H. Ingram. I believe it was published in the late 1800s or early 1900s. There's no date listed.
15. If I begin reading a book, I will read it to the end, whether I like it or not or become bored with it. That’s just the way I am.

Jill, just so you know, the book you loaned me is in fact interesting and I’m almost finished. It will be returned soon. ;) Tagging Jill , Julia, and Unique for this MEME.

Make me smile. Leave a comment...


Comment Icon From Paper Napkin

2 Comments:

Blogger Ray Wong said...

The only "complete" collection I have is
the Agatha Christie mysteries. I collected her books when I was in high school.

12/03/2005 3:31 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I have too many collections, Ray. ;)

12/03/2005 9:24 PM