.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WritingAfterDark

Blogs of Writer, Artist, Photographer, & Caregiver Joanne D. Kiggins

Name:
Location: United States

Joanne has published more than 2,500 articles and was award recipient of the 1990 Woman of the Year for Beaver County, Pennsylvania, for her accomplishments and excellence in journalism and to the community. Her co-authored book, “Unforgettable Journey,” won fifth place in the Grand Beginnings romance contest. An excerpt from her WIP, “Unearthed,” placed her fifth in the Absolute Write Idol contest. Most recently, her essay, “Perseverance,” is published in the Stories of Strength anthology in which 100% of the profits are donated to disaster relief charities. Her most recent articles were published in ByLine Magazine, Writer's Digest, AbsoluteWrite.com, and Moondance.org. She has a monthly freelance writing column at Absolutewrite.com. Currently, she is the sole caregiver for her 85-year-old mother.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

AW Monday Meme

Dawno picked up a meme at Halspacejock’s site for this week’s jogging of our brains. Here it is.

Yikes! Yesterday was Monday! I was off work for a 3-day weekend and I think it just seemed like Sunday...so I forgot to do my Meme! What got my attention was that I wandered over to Halspacejock's site and he had a meme, so I 'nicked' it with a little editing.

Last Live Music Show Seen: Let’s see, I really have to rack my brain for this. It’s been a long time. I went a Temptations concert. Or, how about Three Dog Night.

Last CD Purchased: Melodies of the Heart – The best of pan flute.

Last Thing Cooked: Beef vegetable soup.

Last New Thing Eaten: Hot Pockets. I’m not real wild about them.

Last Thing Bought: A gallon of milk.

Last Gift Received: A box of copy paper and crazy looking head massager called The Sqwiggler. My daughters know me well. I print out a lot of interesting articles and The Sqwiggler is supposed to be great for relieving headaches. (By the way, it works great!)

Last Piece of Clothing Bought or Received as a Gift: A Steelers Football cap.

Last Embarrassing Experience: Having a book loaned to me; taking forever to read it; ending up loving the book and wanting to buy it; offering to purchase it from the loaner or replace it with a book she wants of equal value; still wanting to replace it but she’s too kind hearted to allow me to do that. :)

Last Totally New Experience: Meeting four people from AW, all of which I consider very good friends.

Last Foreign Country Visited, if any: Never been out of the US.

Last Big Achievement: Completing my sixth novel.

For this meme I'll tag Esther, Andrea, and Pam. Anyone who wants to jump in, consider yourself tagged.
,

Make me smile. Leave a comment...


Comment Icon From Paper Napkin

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark Pettus said...

You need to get out of the country, Joanne. Canada, Mexico, the Bahamas... easy peasy, and a chance to feel first hand what it's like to be a goofy foreign tourist with a camera around your neck.

1/20/2006 8:24 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Well, Mark, I know what it's like to be goofy person with a camera around my neck, but I can't make it out of my front yard. ROFL Never been outside the US.

I'd even take a walk by the river right now. That would be like being in the Bahamas to me. ;)

1/20/2006 9:34 PM