.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WritingAfterDark

Blogs of Writer, Artist, Photographer, & Caregiver Joanne D. Kiggins

Name:
Location: United States

Joanne has published more than 2,500 articles and was award recipient of the 1990 Woman of the Year for Beaver County, Pennsylvania, for her accomplishments and excellence in journalism and to the community. Her co-authored book, “Unforgettable Journey,” won fifth place in the Grand Beginnings romance contest. An excerpt from her WIP, “Unearthed,” placed her fifth in the Absolute Write Idol contest. Most recently, her essay, “Perseverance,” is published in the Stories of Strength anthology in which 100% of the profits are donated to disaster relief charities. Her most recent articles were published in ByLine Magazine, Writer's Digest, AbsoluteWrite.com, and Moondance.org. She has a monthly freelance writing column at Absolutewrite.com. Currently, she is the sole caregiver for her 85-year-old mother.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Nature walks and other beautiful things.

I walk back and forth to my mom's house nearly every day. It's a beautiful walk through the woods. Today, I decided to take my camera and capture a few pieces of beauty on the way.

This is the Wisteria bush in my yard. It is the first time it's bloomed since I planted it 15 years ago.


Here's the path to Mom's.



Here's the Tom turkey I ran into.



Here's the box turtle in my yard.

Make me smile. Leave a comment...


Comment Icon From Paper Napkin

2 Comments:

Blogger Esther Avila said...

I loved reading about the nature walk on the way to your mom's home. The picture is beautiful. I love it. I would love to walk down that path. I bet it's gorgeous after a light shower - everything smelling so fresh with that just-rained smell.
Esther Avila -- California

11/14/2005 12:54 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Thanks Esther. Your post reminded me I have to add a few pictures to my blog. I've had them laying around to a month and haven't put them up yet. Beautiful pictures of the fall foliage.

Thanks for reading. ;)

11/14/2005 1:04 AM