.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WritingAfterDark

Blogs of Writer, Artist, Photographer, & Caregiver Joanne D. Kiggins

Name:
Location: United States

Joanne has published more than 2,500 articles and was award recipient of the 1990 Woman of the Year for Beaver County, Pennsylvania, for her accomplishments and excellence in journalism and to the community. Her co-authored book, “Unforgettable Journey,” won fifth place in the Grand Beginnings romance contest. An excerpt from her WIP, “Unearthed,” placed her fifth in the Absolute Write Idol contest. Most recently, her essay, “Perseverance,” is published in the Stories of Strength anthology in which 100% of the profits are donated to disaster relief charities. Her most recent articles were published in ByLine Magazine, Writer's Digest, AbsoluteWrite.com, and Moondance.org. She has a monthly freelance writing column at Absolutewrite.com. Currently, she is the sole caregiver for her 85-year-old mother.

Monday, April 03, 2006

AW Monday Meme #14 -- The Web Addict Meme

really knows how to let everyone know I’m addicted to the web and Absolute Write.
1. How long after you get up in the morning before you open a browser window?
Within seconds of my first sip of coffee.

2. What's your homepage set to?
Absolute Write, where else?

3. How many sites do you have bookmarked?
Oh my. I quit counting after 30. The scroll seemed to go on forever and I lost my place.

4. Do you get links emailed to you from friends saying "You just have to check this one out" If so, what kinds of sites do they think you're interested in? Are they right?
Most of my friends e-mail me links to writing sites, upcoming horror or supernatural books, and Native American news stories. Yes, they’re dead on!

5. What do you think you read more: sites, blogs or forum posts.
Wow, that’s a tough one. Off the top of my head, I’d have to say forum posts. Sites and blogs run a close second, but I’d have to say sites, because I’m always googling things for other people who can’t seem to remember they’re capable of typing key words into a search box. :)

6. If you're new to blogging what's the most challenging thing for you about it. If you've been blogging for a while what one piece of advice would you give to new bloggers?
The most challenging for me is adding new things to my template without screwing up my whole blog. And for those of you who have been blogging for a while, please HELP!!! LOL

7. Live Journal, Blogger or other - and if other, is it another blogging service or do you have your own?
Blogger

8. Other than AWer's blogs, what do you think is your most frequently visited site?
Absolute Write is #1. Oh, other than AW and AW blogs, I have to pick just one? Can’t. Daily, when I’ve scoured the threads of AW and blogs, I scurry on to the Plain Dealer, Blogcritics, The Compulsive Reader, my local library access, The Times, and …geez, no wonder I don’t get any writing done.

9. Do you use a site meter? Which one? Any particular reason why?
Yes, I use site meter. I think Dawno suggested it. If not, it may have been Jill. I listen to both of them faithfully.

10. Do people you know in RL "get" blogging? If not, what's their reaction when (if?) they find out you have a blog?
I don’t know anyone in real life. LOL Seriously, one person I know who did find my blog never gets anything about me, so she wasn’t very polite when she found it. A few local friends e-mail me and let me know they love my blog, but they won’t sign up or comment. Those of you whom I’ve met seem to get my blog and me quite well. Even those who haven’t met me personally, I think, enjoy my blog or you wouldn’t keep coming back. :)
I guess this is my opportunity to once again say a big “THANK YOU” to all of you who do read my blog and comment. AW is a great place. I couldn’t have picked a better family. ;) And to those who have strayed in from other blogs or sites, “welcome to my home.” The coffee’s on, the cups are clean, and I’m always ready for a relaxing and enjoyable conversation.


, , ,

Make me smile. Leave a comment...


Comment Icon From Paper Napkin

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the coolest Meme and great answers Joanne. It's always a pleasure reading your blog. Your bookmarks sound a lot like mine. They just go on and on and on............

4/04/2006 12:39 AM  
Blogger Frank Baron said...

I have several hundred, probably over a thousand bookmarks. They breed like bunnies. I recently (in only my 7th year of computing!) learned to make folders. That helps a tad with the scrolling IF - I remember to put the new bookmark in some folder or other and I remember to close the folders now and then.

Technology...freeing us up so we'd have more time...yeah...right....

4/05/2006 2:56 PM  
Blogger Bhaswati said...

Wonderful meme, Joanne. I enjoyed reading it and a lot of the answers would be the same for me.

Am adding you to my links. Please visit my blog when you can :)

(I am Sury from AW)

4/06/2006 2:27 PM  
Blogger uniquematerial said...

Hi, Joanne. :) :)

Within seconds of the first sip.... hahahaha....

4/09/2006 7:05 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I always enjoy your blog, Joanne. I only wish you'd post more often, but that's only selfishness on my part. :)

4/10/2006 4:49 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thank you Joanne for doing the meme and putting all the tags! It's fun to see my tag on someone else's blog!

I'm with Jeff - it's always a pleasure to read your posts!

4/11/2006 11:36 PM  
Blogger Esther Avila said...

I get you, Joanne. :)
And I've enjoyed reading your blogs.

4/27/2006 1:05 AM  
Blogger About Adam's Reviews said...

Holy Moley, Joanne. LOL! Someone actually tracked down my blog! (Sure I posted it way back when on the AW blog thread) Thanks for linking it on your blog. Guess that means I'm going to have to update mine sometime. LOL!

Love your blog. I'll come and check it out instead of just stumbling upon it. (And now you are link number 427 on my favourites) ;-)

Take care,

Adam (AKA Maddwriter)

5/10/2006 12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh Joanne...

Where are you? I miss your posts!

5/17/2006 9:40 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Vanessa, Frank, bhaswati, Unique, Jeff, Dawno, September, Maddwriter and Kira...thank you all for reading and commenting. I looked at the date of this last blog and couldn't believe it's been that long since I've been here. These past few months have been...well, let's just say I've lost them somewhere and leave it at that. Hopefully, I'll have a bit more time to catch you up on what's been happening with me. In the meantime, I love you guys and thanks for reading!

6/04/2006 10:28 PM