.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WritingAfterDark

Blogs of Writer, Artist, Photographer, & Caregiver Joanne D. Kiggins

Name:
Location: United States

Joanne has published more than 2,500 articles and was award recipient of the 1990 Woman of the Year for Beaver County, Pennsylvania, for her accomplishments and excellence in journalism and to the community. Her co-authored book, “Unforgettable Journey,” won fifth place in the Grand Beginnings romance contest. An excerpt from her WIP, “Unearthed,” placed her fifth in the Absolute Write Idol contest. Most recently, her essay, “Perseverance,” is published in the Stories of Strength anthology in which 100% of the profits are donated to disaster relief charities. Her most recent articles were published in ByLine Magazine, Writer's Digest, AbsoluteWrite.com, and Moondance.org. She has a monthly freelance writing column at Absolutewrite.com. Currently, she is the sole caregiver for her 85-year-old mother.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Plugging A Few of My Friends

I’ve taken the morning and most of the day to visit my friend’s blogs and found some very interesting sites and realisms about my blogger friends. The more I read everyone’s posts, the more in touch with the person writing them I become.

Take for instance, Mac. I’ve learned that she not only has a wonderful sense of humor, but also an investigative type personality. She’s always digging deep into her own mind and searching the net to explain her thoughts.

There’s Jill, who does a wonderful job at tracking down all the politicians in Ohio. She’s got the mind to step up to the plate, too.

We can’t forget Ray. He’s a great guy and is doing very well promoting his recently released novel The Pacific Between.

And there’s Natalie Bennett’s blog Philobiblon where I just found she’d mentioned my blog about animals and her recent post where she’s boycotting anti-feminists.

Emeraldcite has an interesting blog as well. And of course, I had to take the color quiz. Yes, I got suckered into this quiz, too. And as I told Emerald, I was hoping it would paint a picture of great things. Instead, it colored me to a T. Half-baked, too trusting, and a danger to no one but myself. ROFL

Jason always has great stories and pictures on his blog. I love the peacefulness of his posts. No pun intended. Honest.

One of the things I like best about Mark is that he gets straight to the point. He doesn’t mess around when it comes to writing what he thinks. Love your blog, Mark.

I was quite shocked to see Jeff writing romance. He’s quite good at it, too.

Just wanted you all to know I think you’re great!

I’ll plug a few more friends after my break. Right now, I really need to get back to my writing.

, , , , , , , ,

Make me smile. Leave a comment...


Comment Icon From Paper Napkin

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Joanne!

I always love seeing you stop by. You and I are representin' the Keystone State, after all. =D

3/26/2006 8:21 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I MISS YOU. Thanks for visiting and reading, Jo. I hope you're doing great - we're all getting over a variety of typical Cleveland crud ailments, but nothing rest and chicken soup can't help, thank goodness.

Thanks for the nice things you say about and on my blog. :) I'm enjoying this foray - we'll see if it doesn't sap my stamina!

You be well, :)

3/26/2006 10:33 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Always love seeing you stop by here, too, Jason. I don't get out much (not even on the computer) but I always love visiting your site. It's like seeing the other side of the coin. You have the eastern side, I have the western side. PA is great!

3/26/2006 10:42 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I miss you, too, Jill. I'm sure when the elections are over, you'll be running around the blogs and AW a bit more. Maybe? Hope so, anyway. Good to see you here.

3/26/2006 10:44 PM  
Blogger Mark Pettus said...

Joanne, thanks for the comments here and on my blog. I hope your frequent and extended absences are due to the demands of your ever-more-successful career.

I miss you when you're gone.

3/27/2006 10:22 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I wish, Mark! My absences are due to having very little time for the computer or writing while taking care of Mom. My once successful writing career has taken a slide down the tubes for the past year. One day I'll catch up. :)

I miss being around, but I'm trying to get in a little time here and there.

3/27/2006 10:31 AM