.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WritingAfterDark

Blogs of Writer, Artist, Photographer, & Caregiver Joanne D. Kiggins

Name:
Location: United States

Joanne has published more than 2,500 articles and was award recipient of the 1990 Woman of the Year for Beaver County, Pennsylvania, for her accomplishments and excellence in journalism and to the community. Her co-authored book, “Unforgettable Journey,” won fifth place in the Grand Beginnings romance contest. An excerpt from her WIP, “Unearthed,” placed her fifth in the Absolute Write Idol contest. Most recently, her essay, “Perseverance,” is published in the Stories of Strength anthology in which 100% of the profits are donated to disaster relief charities. Her most recent articles were published in ByLine Magazine, Writer's Digest, AbsoluteWrite.com, and Moondance.org. She has a monthly freelance writing column at Absolutewrite.com. Currently, she is the sole caregiver for her 85-year-old mother.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

I've been tagged.

Nita (ritinrider) at Absolute Write tagged me.

It hasn’t been all that long since I've played tag, but I do know I’m getting too old for the real run-around-and-touch-someone-game that we used to play as kids. A few weeks ago, both my daughters visited and brought my grandchildren and we were playing tag with water balloons. That’s why I said I’m too old for this stuff; I don’t run fast anymore, so I was totally soaked.

Anyway, back to this tag game, according to my friend Nita, this is how it works; I write eight interesting things about myself on my blog. Then I send it to (tag) eight friend-bloggers. Not sure what’s left about me that everyone doesn’t already know and I’m not sure how interesting I can be since I lead such a boring life, but here it goes.

1. I found out that the most interesting things about me were already posted, that’s sad. So now you know I need to get a life. LOL
2. I’m a daughter, a mother of two beautiful young women, and a grandmother of nine wonderful grandchildren (counting Two’s grandkids, too.)
3. I’ll hit the double nickels on my birthday this year. In case you don’t know what that means; I’ll be 55, get it, double nickels.
4. I have a pop-up camper I’m dying to use again, a truck that’s 2 ½ years old that has only 2,800 miles on it, that I’m dying to drive again, and a boat I’m dying to put in the water again.
5. In case that wasn’t a clue, I love camping by the water and my first trip when I’m able to go camping again will be to return to the Cherokee Indian Reservation in North Carolina and camp along the Oconaluftee River at Wolf Creek Campground. That’s the last camping trip Two and I made nearly four years ago.
6. I take better care of other people than I do myself.
7. However, I did quit smoking, but I will admit it wasn’t by choice.
8. I wood burn and paint. Here’s a picture of a recent painting.


Oh yes, I'm suppose to tag eight blogger friends. I tag Anne Watkins-Writes With Feathers, Unique--Blowing Smoke, Ray-I the Author, September Skies--Midnight Writings, Jason--Clarity of Night, Mark--The Bluff, Julia--Mrs. Write Right, and Jeff--The Write Thing.

So if you eight wonderful people tag along, please link back so I know you're playing. I really do want to read what you've written. Thank you Nita for thinking of me. I needed to get back to my blog.

Labels: , , , ,

Make me smile. Leave a comment...


Comment Icon From Paper Napkin

11 Comments:

Blogger Esther Avila said...

:) thanks Joanne. Ok, I was game and played. But I leave for Texas in a couple of days, so I did not tag anyone. I can't really think of whom to tag and the ones I did think of, have already been tagged.

7/23/2007 1:16 AM  
Blogger uniquematerial said...

I'll play ... but that 'link back' thingie ... I don't know how to do that.

Got lessons? :)

7/26/2007 5:55 AM  
Blogger Nita said...

Joanne, thanks for playing, I'd hate to have bombed out on the very first thing I tried as a new blogger. I liked your list and am happy to hear you are still off cigarettes. Yay you.

7/27/2007 12:07 PM  
Blogger Bhaswati said...

Great meme, Joanne. These things always lend insights otherwise unknown about our friends. Your painting looks lovely. Thanks for sharing. :-)

~ Sury

7/29/2007 12:34 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Sorry I'm late getting to your post. Thanks for sharing these interesting things about yourself, Joanne.
The painting is beautiful.

Thanks for the tag. :) I remember you tagging me for something similar to this meme, so I searched my archives and found
this.
I hope it's not too boring for you. ha! ha!

8/05/2007 8:14 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Thanks for playing, Esther. I'll get over to read your tag in a few minutes.

8/09/2007 10:31 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Hey, Unique. Thanks for playing. I'll get over to read your tag in a minute. The link back thing can be done by adding this url to your post. http://writeafterdarkblogs.blogspot.com/

I think you can also just place WritingAfterDark in the bottom of your post where you can add tags. *Shrug*

8/09/2007 10:34 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Hi Nita. I had fun with this. Seems there were a few things people didn't already know about me. ;)

8/09/2007 10:35 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

bhaswati, I'm so glad you joined in. I'll be over to read in a second.

Hi Jeff. Yes, I think I've been tagged for similar and I did tag you before. It's difficult coming up with new things. LOL Thanks for posting the link.

8/09/2007 10:36 AM  
Blogger Esther Avila said...

I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed yours. But then again, I always enjoy your entries.

8/15/2007 12:53 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Awh, thank you, Esther. I'm behind again on my blog reading. I'm hoping to get some reading done later this weekend. Thank you for reading and commenting. It's always a pleasure hearing from you.

8/18/2007 5:42 PM