.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WritingAfterDark

Blogs of Writer, Artist, Photographer, & Caregiver Joanne D. Kiggins

Name:
Location: United States

Joanne has published more than 2,500 articles and was award recipient of the 1990 Woman of the Year for Beaver County, Pennsylvania, for her accomplishments and excellence in journalism and to the community. Her co-authored book, “Unforgettable Journey,” won fifth place in the Grand Beginnings romance contest. An excerpt from her WIP, “Unearthed,” placed her fifth in the Absolute Write Idol contest. Most recently, her essay, “Perseverance,” is published in the Stories of Strength anthology in which 100% of the profits are donated to disaster relief charities. Her most recent articles were published in ByLine Magazine, Writer's Digest, AbsoluteWrite.com, and Moondance.org. She has a monthly freelance writing column at Absolutewrite.com. Currently, she is the sole caregiver for her 85-year-old mother.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Happy Birthday, Two Feather!! Uncle Joe!! & Dennis!!!

I think I’m finally caught up with all the latest news.

I went to see my Uncle Joe yesterday. It was his birthday. He was in good spirits. All the nurses were surrounding him with flowers and balloons. He's adjusted very well to the nursing home. I'm so glad he did. I wish I could take care of him, too, but he understands that I have my hands full with Mom. He was happy to see me and really liked the new shirts, handkerchiefs, and winter hat I bought him for his birthday. Happy Birthday, Uncle Joe!

Today was Two Feather’s birthday.
We spent a few hours at the Rogers Flea Market earlier in the morning and came home. I was exhausted because Mom was up all night last night, so I curled up on the couch and fell asleep.

Two spent the day cutting and splitting wood.

I didn’t wake up until it was time to pick up Mom.

Poor guy didn’t have much of a birthday. I felt horrible that we didn’t celebrate in some way. He’s such an understanding man. Not too many men in this world would do what he’s doing; living alone, without his significant other, while I’m at Mom’s taking care of her, cooking for himself, and maintaining both properties.

I appreciate everything he does and Mom does, too.

Happy Birthday, Two. Thank you for being you!!

Can't forget to mention that today is also my son-in-law's birthday. Happy Birthday, Dennis!

Labels: , , , , ,

Make me smile. Leave a comment...


Comment Icon From Paper Napkin

0 Comments: